Bleach Odyssey - Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apologies For The Constant Updates

3 posters

Go down

Apologies For The Constant Updates Empty Apologies For The Constant Updates

Post  Hishido Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey guys,

I completely realize that what's happened the past week on Bleach Odyssey - Roleplay has been unacceptable. It was never my intention for so much stuff to become broken after the initial updates, but I'm going to explain exactly WHAT happened and WHY we had to do these things. Firstly, as you might know, Bleach Odyssey - Roleplay was originally created from an old BSOC source. Now, I did a lot of updates to that source over the years in order to transform it into the game you all know today. However, the BSOC source that remained still caused lag, clutters, map bugs, and a ton of other issues that I never really dealt with until this week. Now, the frustration with doing this is that if I fix one part of the source, it fixes stuff that hasn't been working for YEARS. The stuff that becomes fixed clashes with other (newer) code, which in turn causes another part of the source to become bugged.

It has been incredibly frustrating dealing with this, and it took me a week, but most (If not ALL) of these bugs have been eliminated. The first wipe was caused by me redesigning the save/load system so that it's not one big textfile with 35000 lines of code. It's simply 10 lines of code now. The new system, however, was bugged as well and was causing the game to crash. This forced me to fix it, which in turn forced me to wipe the game once again. This is completely unintentional. When your character gets saved, all of its verbs and variables are saved with it. If I remove a variable or verb from the game, the variable remains in your save file. The game can no longer interpret such a variable or verb, which in turn corrupts your savefile. There is no other way to bypass this issue.

I can promise you that, from now on, I will only do an update on Friday afternoons at 15:00pm GMT+2 (Unless something REALLY game breaking occurs). I sincerely hope that you guys will understand our frustration, and continue to support BOR as I add more neat features to it.

Kind Regards,
Hishido Shihou
Hishido
Hishido
Bleach Odyssey Owner
Bleach Odyssey Owner

Back to top Go down

Apologies For The Constant Updates Empty Re: Apologies For The Constant Updates

Post  Ferin Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 am

My support is as adamant as it's always been.

No matter how frustrated the bugs 'do' make me Wink
Ferin
Ferin
Bleach Odyssey Administrator

Race : Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Apologies For The Constant Updates Empty Re: Apologies For The Constant Updates

Post  Legion2 Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm

I'll keep on coming back.

You've got my support hishi!!!

Legion2
Bleach Odyssey Player