Bleach Odyssey - Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correct Roleplaying

5 posters

Go down

Correct Roleplaying Empty Correct Roleplaying

Post  Darwin Blake Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:08 pm

RP is not just typing up a few sentences and being given exp for it. It's to share your characters emotions, feelings, and actions in a creative and original way. Getting EXP for it should be a bonus. Here are tips make your RP Experience more enjoyable and rewarding.

Grammar: So that administators can both properly read and understand your roleplay, you must use correct punctuation, spelling, etc.

Wrong: "Drake Bloor hold's up him blade and throw it at the mans hed"

Right: "Drake Bloor holds up his blade and throws it at the man's head"

Substance: Filling up your roleplay with useless information is dull and will get you nothing. Try and to look around and use various things to make it exciting and fun.

Wrong: "Drake Bloor loves hell's butterflies. He eats them, swims in their poop, and tells his secrets to them."

Right: "Drake Bloor loved Hell's Butterflies. He ate their smelly, wonderfully wide shape. He swam in their waste. He even told his most devious, evil stories to them when no one was looking!"

Sensory Details: What is this? Well, it's similar to Substance, for it provides a lot to it. Using your characters senses and typing them out will make your roleplay longer and more professional.

Wrong: "Drake Bloor looks at the sky. He smells the food. He taste sweat. He hears moans. He feels warm inside."

Right: "Drake Bloor looks at the cloudless, deep blue sky. He smelled the arousing and tempting food. He tasted the sweet, wonderfully salty sweat. He hears the chilling, creepy moans. He feels warmth inside as he slides into bed next to his partner."

Main Points: Yea, I know most of you will hate this, but your roleplay has to lead somewhere! You can't just be doing something for no reason.

Wrong: "Drake Bloor slowly lifts the stick up, weighing it. 'I shalt name thou, Stickeh!' pronounced Drake!"

Right: "Drake Bloor slowly reaches down and grabs the old, broken blade. Sighing deeply, he proclaimed "I shalt use thou zankpunton to conquer Huenco Mundo!"

Extra Tips:

1. Your name is already placed before your RP, so no need to include it in your first sentence.
2. Try to make it at least a paragraph with at least 5 sentences per paragraoh.
3. Don't make it too short (3 sentneces) or too long (4+ paragraphs) or it will probabaly not be rewarded.
4. Don't piss off Hishido, he will kill you.

Have fun, you crazy Ichigo-wannabe's~

Last edited by Darwin Blake on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Darwin Blake
Darwin Blake
Bleach Odyssey Administrator

Race : Shinigami

https://www.youtube.com/user/Masterdarwin88?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Correct Roleplaying Empty Re: Correct Roleplaying

Post  tteckk Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:23 pm

OK! that was a very weird guide and gives off the wrong idea of what we should be RPing about. When the F did any one RP about eating or taking a SHYT! sorry man im going have to say it should of even been posted. Evil or Very Mad

Heres a couple of real RPs iv made. i save my good one's in a pad for incpiration.

"its time to begin my training" Scott said with a brave voice. He can hear the voice in side of him growing louder and louder every day.
at first it was a faint wisper that was only noticeble if he was meditating but now even in the battle with Tyro he could hear the voice Saying "Sssss...cccooo.t caa.n you her..e me. I.. AM THE BLADE YOU POSSES!! hehehe." The voice was a firm voice that sounded like a small girl.

Scott tried to listen to the voice waiting for a name. He began meditating to increase the beutifull voice that he was hearing.
The are he was meditating was a calm area with a river stream. It was a calm area where nothing bothered him.

Scott meditated for 3 days even through the night hunger did not stop him. He simly ignored everything and focused on the the voice inside him. He pulled a cloth out of his pocket and folded it to a meter long and 30cm wide and placed it infront of himself. He then unsheathed his zanpaktou and placed it on the cloth slowly and carefully so he would not loose concitration on that beutifull voice.

While meditating his mind sliped away he started to feel waightless. When he opened his eyes he was on a Beach with white sand and sunset. The sky was a redish orange, his eyes faceing directly at the sun. "what a amazing VIEW!" he wispered to himself.

He turned his head to th "NOT ALONE IN THIS PLACE OF HAVEN! I STILL LIVE WITHIN YOU SCOTT! AND YOU KNOW MY NAME. SAY IT!... SAY IT!" The voice was the same as before. The beutifull voice thats been asking him the same thing over and over.

"You...your name is......... ZIENATSUE KICHIE!!!" SCOTT shouted his blades name so it would be heared across the ocean that layed before him. Sundenly a ksunami rose up it was high enough to destroy a entire CITY! It hit Scott with no pain.

Scott gasped at his breath not knowing where he was. He looked around him and saw he was back in the soul sociaty where he was meditating. He looked down to see his zanpaktou still on the cloth he placed down. His eyes couldnt believe what he saw.

The blade is inscribing itself one letter at a time. It read ZIENATSUE KICHIE. He picked up his Zampaktou and placed it in his scabed.
"Its nice to meet you" he said softly. He closed his eyes to calm himself down. when he opened them to the sound of the stream stoping.

Scott exhaled, then inhaled. "aaahh. thats better" he mumbled.
He decides walk off to the squad 13 baracks to tell everyone the great knews. And how proud he was of his BLADE. Before he got onto his feet he saw the cause of the block in the stream. It was a large rock that has been pushed into the gap the wateflows threw.

Scott jumped to his feet walked through the water and picked up the troublesom rock and moved it to a postion where it would not move for decades. The stream began to flow once again and the water cleared up and a small silver like pendent became visable.

"hhmm. whats this?" Scott said while leaning over to reach for the pedent. He touched it and it glowed a bright orange. Much the same colour as the sun set back on the beach. It felt warm to the touch.

There was a insignia on the pendent that resembled Warrior with a massive Bankai. next to him. It was a amazing piece of silver. He placed it in his right pocket to keep it safe.
Just then Tyro appeared in a flash to congratulate me Tyro's eyes changed to a bright yellow after he congratulated me disapeared.

Scott walks off to the squad 13 barracks to rest and tell the rest the great news.

And this was part of a two part RP.

training was intence and tiresome. there was sweat covering his entire Shihakushou from his arm pits to the area just above the knee caps. His arms were shreaded by the sharp claws of the hollows.
His blade was covered in thick blood of a Hollow. Scott began to clean hiself up abit.

Just then a Hollow appeared out of a rip in the earth to confront Scott with a distant sream for help. Not long after three more hollows appeared to help the first. Each with its own rip in the ground that they crawled out of and each with its own stance.

The Hollow on the far right had a low stance with the body low to the ground and the claws dug deep into the ground. The mask was the usaul smiling face and a sripe down the side. It also had several cuts and scars from previous battles, one looked deep and still fresh.

The next from the right had a normal stance but with a little less scars and more cuts from the Hollow before. Its Legs were longer with more jagged edges and the masks had a different colour. The stripe was blue that shades into a orange.

The next had a high stance. Its legs were three meater long and streached them as far out as possable. the masks stripe colour was also diffrent from other hollows. It was Black starting from the top and going down and fading into a white. The mask also had the mouth open presenting the teeth to devour souls.

The last Hollow, the one that appeared before Scott first had a low stance like the one on the far right. His claws werent dug in the ground and its legs are pulled in to get the low center of gravity it wants.

THank you bounce

Last edited by tteckk on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

tteckk
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Darwin Blake Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 pm

This is for roleplaying in general. The examples may not be bleach-based, but the values and tips I gave you should be very helpful.

Also, your roleplay holds a lot of grammar mistakes. It also has a very unnoticable main point. It's hard to tell what's the point of your roleplay. Maybe typing slower and re-reading would help.
Darwin Blake
Darwin Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  tteckk Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Darwin Blake wrote:This is for roleplaying in general. The examples may not be bleach-based, but the values and tips I gave you should be very helpful.

Also, your roleplay holds a lot of grammar mistakes. It also has a very unnoticable main point. It's hard to tell what's the point of your roleplay. Maybe typing slower and re-reading would help.

thanks. anyway I think it should of been about bleach like a real RP not some made up stuff about poo poo :-D

tteckk
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Sun May 01, 2011 5:14 am

I think the guide get's the point across, telling players what to look out for when they are roleplaying and what mistakes are made. It is however missing a example for what players should do in this specific game and what some players should avoid, God Moding.

Tyro
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Gluscap Sun May 01, 2011 4:54 pm

This is a pretty good guide, and it lets people know roleplay is much more than what you type in the rp box on the screen.

Gluscap
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 03, 2011 12:41 pm

On-topic;
Nice guide, as expected from you..

Off-topic;
Seems like we meet one more time. How about a..
Correct Roleplaying Pokemo10

Back to top Go down

Post  Darwin Blake Sun May 15, 2011 4:31 am

Martienader2 wrote:On-topic;
Nice guide, as expected from you..

Off-topic;
Seems like we meet one more time. How about a..
Correct Roleplaying Pokemo10

Holy shiz. Its mart.

-slowly squints eyes and pulls out a pokeball-
Darwin Blake
Darwin Blake

Back to top Go down

Correct Roleplaying Empty This is what I believe to be passable...

Post  Ferin Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 pm

closed his eyes as he drew out his zanpakutou. Karu in his right, Kurayami in his left. Suidouya exhaled heavily as he slowly raised the two blades to eye level, allowing them to hang loose and point to the ground. He alloed them to drop, impaling the ground and standing straight up. Suidouya took four tentative steps back, seeming eager as the blades began to emit a sort of fog, quickly obscuring the area.

the fog would not dissipate, one might say you could 'cut it like butter' even... It would blow about, as if by some unseen breeze, when two faint lights appeared within it, one a bright gold, the other a deep violet. Two voices would seem to drift, just as eerie AS the fog, THROUGH the fog. The message would be unclear to all but Suidouya, reaching into his haori and removing two bottles of sake. He placed them onto the ground, and rolled them into the thick fog.

the sound of the bottles opening could be heard clear as day, followed by two deep breaths of exasperation. "You did good Suidouya-kun... Just as good as we imagined it." The voices would chime out together, the smoke beginning to clear. As it thinned, the form of two, beautiful women could be made out. One of them, a average height raven haired woman, was scantly clad in what seemed to be pure black plate armor. But on closer inspection, it was similar in coloration to her aura. The other, was a shorter woman, appearing to be weighed down by a heavy looking golden cloak. If ever there had been questions about eye color, this would answer them.

That was the first third of my bankai rp. I think it's a pretty decent example due to the amount of description, and action within it... There may be typose here n there but hey, I type like a bat outta hell lol.
Ferin
Ferin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum